You will need...
5 small-medium sized red capsicums
600ml chicken stock
200gr tinned cherry tomatoes
1 small red onion
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 heaped teaspoon of paprika
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 bunch parsley, washed and finely chopped
1/2 cup pinenuts
2 Tbsp lemon juice (add a bit of grated rind too if you like)
2 cups cheese (I used grated cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Spray a large, deep baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse and drain quinoa, place in a heavy-based saucepan with the stock and tinned tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered until quinoa is soft and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the onion and chorizo. Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick frypan and cook on med-low until onion is softened and chorizo lightly browned. If chorizo has leached oil- drain on absorbent paper towel.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add onion and chorizo mix, garlic, herbs, pine nuts, pepper, pine nuts and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Cut capsicums in half lengthways and use a spoon to scoop out seeds and membrane. I removed the stems but you can keep them if you don't mind eating around them. Place the capsicums on the greased tray skin-side down. Season the flesh with a little salt and give a drizzle of olive oil.
- Use a spoon to heap the mixture into the capsicums.
- Top with cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is golden.