Easy Banana Bread
A few simple steps and you can have yummy banana bread, you can slice this loaf up, wrap it up and freeze it for lunch boxes or eat it all in one go!
You will need...
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup margerine
3/4 cups caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicard soda
2 cups plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius, grease and line a loaf tin.
2. Peel all the bananas, mash two in a bowl using a fork, and slice the other banana lengthways and set aside to place on top of the banana bread.
3. Sift all dry ingredients together into a bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, add the milk and mashed banana.
4. Melt the margarine in the microwave and set aside to cool.
5. Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients slowly while mixing with a wooden spoon, stir well to make sure there are no lumps then finally add the melted margarine and stir to combine well.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and then top with the sliced banana.
7. Bake for 50 minutes- 1 hr until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in tin before removing.