Happy New Year!

Helloo all my Hangry followers out there!

I'm very excited to be posting for the first time in 2016!

I still have that child-like wonder at the beginning of the year and the hope that the coming year will be filled with great new adventures... Or it could just be that I've had over two weeks off work already and I've still got more then two to go. Ahhh bliss!

As usual, the Christmas break has been filled with tonnes of food and drink. We've had the traditional 'Aussie Christmas' this year, which was a treat after spending last Christmas traveling the U.S.A. There has been no shortage of prawns, ham, other assorted cold meats, salads, more seafood, grilled meats, pavlova, smoked meats... And don't even get me started on how many bottles of wine and cases of beer have disappeared between work Christmas parties, family Christmas's (we have two, consecutively- one with my family and one with my husband's family), then friends gatherings which all seem to flow so quickly into New Years Celebrations. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

But wait, there's more! In case the decadence of the festivities wasn't enough, we decided that the second of January was a perfect date to go to Quay for an eight-course degustation menu. It was amazing, cream of the crop. I think it's pretty close to my favourite meal in Australia and was a perfect way to wind up the gorge-a-thon that has been my life these last few weeks. I'm not complaining, it's been the best.

So, now 2016 begins in earnest. I'm fat and happy and I'll be starting off the New Year with some tasty new recipes. Hoorah! After receiving The Nordic Cook Book, Jamie's Everyday Superfoods, Relaxed Cooking with Curtis Stone and Neil Perry's Spice Temple, I will be trying out and adapting some of their most appealing dishes.. Including some of Spice Temple's dumplings and Jamie's Ginger & Apricot Balls.

I look forward to hopefully sharing some great experiences that I have throughout 2016, and posting some delicious hanger-solving recipes along the way. I hope you have had a great start to the New Year and have a joyous year ahead filled with love, laughter and most of all- yummy food.

Lots of love,

Elise x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni