Cholesterol, Cookbooks and Cucumber Juice

Hello my readers!

I have added some posts today but before that I know I have been a little bit quiet! As you all would have gathered from other posts of mine, I'm quite often on the health-wagon (and then off again, and then on again!).

I recently saw my doctor about some issues with fatigue and after a little bit of testing he has told me I have slightly elevated cholesterol. This was no surprise after our epic culinary journey across the U.S that consisted of, but was not limited to, eating our way through several states. Also, I have an unfortunate genetic predisposition for such things!

So anyway, long story short, I've spent the better part of the last few months juicing and trying to avoid cooking overly unhealthy food. The two previous posts are obviously an exception as I made these before my diagnosis.....

I will also mention that I have recently had a birthday and have some newly acquired cookbooks- Nigellissima, Guillaume: Food for Friends and one that I purchased myself; Women's Weekly, Eating Well. I have plans to cook dishes out of these books and share them with you. I have post-it note attacked my Thug Kitchen Cookbook with about a dozen recipes I want to make too. So there is no shortage of recipes of all varieties to come!

For the meantime, I will share a recipe that I have been having nearly every day for the last month or so.. It's from Joe Cross' Reboot plan and it has to be one of my favourite green juices!

Mean Green:

  • 1 cucumber
  • 4 celery stalks
  • 6-8 leaves of kale
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 1 in (2.5cm) piece of ginger

Wash all produce well
Peel the lemon
Core the apple (optional- I use them whole!)
Place all the ingredients in a juicer, Enjoy!

Cheers! Hangry x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni