Check out my gnocchi recipe here- http://elisethehangrychef.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/potato-gnocchi.html
You will need...
1 bunch of basil, leaves picked and washed
1 large garlic clove, peeled
1/2 cup pine nuts or cashews
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan (I use Grana Padano or Reggiano for a better flavour)
Salt & pepper
1. Toast the nuts to a golden brown, either under a grill, in the oven or in a frypan- whichever is easier for you. Which ever way you choose, make sure you keep an eye on them and if cooking in a frypan, continuously flip them to ensure even cooking.
2. Combine the toasted nuts and garlic in a mortar and pestle (or food processor if you're in a rush or are lazy like me ;-)). Bash the nuts and garlic finely.
3. Add the basil and olive oil together in small quantities, 1/4 at a time, and bash to form a paste.
4. Add the Parmesan, salt and pepper and mix through.
5. To make pasta with pesto, heat a pan on high, add 1 cup of pure cream, simmer to reduce by half and begin to thicken.
6. Add the pesto to infuse then quickly add the cooked pasta, add a bit of extra seasoning and serve with some extra Parmesan to garnish.
NB. I added some baby spinach and extra pine nuts, you could do the same, add green veggies or potato (Genovese style) or have it as is.