Ooops!

I know I've been a bit slack this year with my posts, I've been super busy with doing a course (Training and Assessing if anyone is wondering), and the new year at work has been totally insane! I've been working like a powerhouse to make sure I'm super organised for the next 3 months so I can cope with my extra workload. On top of all that I've dedicated a lot of time to the preparation and organisation of one of my closest friends hens weekend (which is interstate mind you). It's going to be awesome!

So needless to say I haven't had too much time to get on here and have a good crack at posting more recipes, not to mention actually having the time to cook new and exciting dishes.

I've still been making a conscious effort to eat better though which isn't really paying off because I don't really exercise, but I guess I have been feeling a bit more energetic (except for today because I didn't sleep enough and it's rainy and miserable which just makes you want to hibernate).

So through the healthy eating thing, I have made a few different things that I don't normally make. Like yesterday morning when I got up 15 minutes early and made an Awesome juice, that I've just posted. I also made a Blueberry Banana Almond Smoothie that will knock your socks off!

We have been keeping dinners simple, on Monday night, I tried out the 'LUV A DUCK' Duck Pancake kit, which comes with two pre-cooked and marinated duck legs, 10 pancakes and hoisin sauce in a sachet. It was an impulse buy to give it a go, and it actually wasn't bad. Of course buying a $45 Barbecue duck from the Chinese butcher, and lovingly making your pancakes from scratch is going to be better... But hey, for $12 for the whole kit and 5 minutes preparation time, I'm not complaining one bit.

So yeah, thats about where I'm at, at the moment... I'll probably ramp up my posting starting next week, then I'll have some new catering recipes coming up in March as well, so there's hope of promising recipes on the horizon!

PS. This weekend I'm going to make Chocolate Cupcakes filled with Reece's Mini Peanut Butter Cups. I'll post them on Monday! Mmmmm....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni