Awesome Juice

I didn't take a pic of this because it was a gross brown colour. But it tastes amazing so I thought I'd share it.

You will need... (For one person)
2 royal gala apples, cored, skin still on
1 small celery stick (I used a 4 inch thin piece)
80gr or so of peeled pineapple
1/2 a lime, skin removed
2cm knob of ginger, peeled
1 carrot, ends removed (not peeled unless its home grown and covered in dirt)
1 decent handful of Kale, washed

Needless to say, there's not much to the method of this one, just throw it all in the juicer. I would recommend having a few ice cubes with it to keep it chilled.

Also, for those who cringe at the thought of savoury juices, I was one of those people! I never really wanted to try celery in a drink, it just sounds wrong! But this has such a crisp, refreshing flavour and the sweetness of the apples, pineapples and carrot tend to balance out the cruciferous-taste of the kale and the savoury flavour of the celery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni