Asian noodle salad with prawns and scallops
100gr udon noodles
1/2 lime, freshly juiced
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 large ripe tomato
1/8 Spanish onion
Small handful of baby spinach
1/4 cup coriander, washed and dried
2 Thai basil leaves
1 small red chilli, chopped (optional)
8 king prawns, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper
1 Tbs vegetable oil
1. Prepare the scallops by rinsing and patting dry, remove the roe if desired.
2. Cook the noodles as per packet instructions, drain and run under cold water.
3. Chop the tomato into small cubes, roughly cut the herbs, dice the onion and mix with the noodles, spinach, and all remaining ingredients except scallops.
4. Arrange the salad neatly on a plate.
4. Heat a pan on high, season and oil the scallops then place them in the hot pan for about 30 seconds on either side. They should have a nice caramelised colour on top but still be medium rare in the middle. Quickly remove and serve either in their shells around the plate or on top. Garnish with a wedge of lime, some extra chopped coriander or chilli.