Weekend Shenanigans

Sorry for being a bit slack on the blog-front lately! I've been massively busy over the last week doing catering jobs, and over the weekend had a trip up to Sydney to spend some hard-earnt cashola on some new outfits for the warmer weather... YAY FOR SPRING!

Beautifully presented macarons
I know I've talked about it before but I love the Pitt St Mall Food Court, and we ended up there again on Saturday for some yummo Guzman Y Gomez Mexican lunch, followed by spending up big at the Becasse Bakery, which is now actually owned by Jones the Grocer which is unfortunate for Justin North, but doesn't affect me too much as long as they keep making their delectable desserts and artisan breads...



I didn't do too much cooking over the weekend, aside from a prawn pasta and making my Daintree Dough into a really yummy garlic, rosemary and thyme bread. But I did stock up on a whole heap of T2 teas like Pumping Pomegranate (a new line they're doing), Just Cinnamon and Gorgeous Geisha, as well as investing in a thermal mug to cart my new tea around in! Oh and I tried one of their new jam products- Sencha Quince Blueberry and Lime (OMG)

And speaking of jams... What's the go with strawberries being so cheap at the moment? I bought about 5 punnets over the weekend, now have to think about making a jam out of them! I also have rhubarb too so maybe tomorrow I'll post up a strawberry, rhubarb and cinnamon jam recipe?...


After eating all these amazing things over the weekend I think I'll mostly be dedicating this week to salads. Hold the dressing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni