You will need...
500gr beef mince
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 brown onion
1 clove garlic
1 sprig oregano
Salt & pepper
Olive oil for frying
1 cup red wine
2 400gr tins diced Italian tomatoes
1 Tbs tomato paste
1. Finely mince the onion and garlic. Chop the herbs. Add to the mince with the eggs, salt and pepper and mix well using your hands. Pour in the breadcrumbs and combine all together.
2. Roll into about 10 balls (more or less depending on what size you prefer).
3. Heat about 2 Tbs of olive oil in a non-stick pan and seal the meatballs on a medium-high heat. Remove the pan from the burner and use some paper towel to mop up any excess oil or fat in the pan.
4. Return to the heat and add the cup of wine to deglaze** Add the tomato paste and mix around to combine with the wine.
5. Add the tinned tomatoes and refill ONE tin with water and add that to the pan.
6. Season the sauce and turn the burner to low. Allow to simmer for about 20-30 minutes. The sauce should be thick and the meatballs should be tender and cooked through.
** I keep the meatballs in the pan while I do this to save mess!