'Daintree Dough' still going strong

My sourdough now lives in the fridge and I feed it once a week... I received a banneton (proving basket) from my bother-in-law and his girlfriend as an early birthday gift, alongside our Truffle Tree which was very thoughtful!

Yesterday I fed it and took out some dough for a nice loaf, I added some thyme, rosemary and a teeny bit of smoked garlic we got from Kiama Markets


I look about 100gr of the starter out of the fridge, placed it in a bowl and fed it a tbs of flour and water and let it prove overnight. The following morning I mixed it with about 150ml of tap water, a pinch of salt and sugar and the flavourings. 
Then rained in the flour (I'm still using a mix of spelt, rye and bread flour) as I mixed it together until it formed a slightly sticky dough.
I put a good amount of flour on the bench and kneaded it for several minutes, while adding just enough flour to stop it sticking to my fingers and the bench.
I popped it in the banneton, lined with cling wrap and covered it with more cling wrap to leave to prove over the course of the day. 
When I got home from work it the afternoon, I kneaded it lightly again and left it to prove overnight again. (I know, a lot of proving!)


 Once it'd had its final prove, I turned it out upside down onto a lined tin so the swirly pattern was in the top. I scored the top with a knife then placed it in the oven using my usual method- 250 degrees celsius with a pan of water in the bottom of the oven. As soon as the bread goes in I turn it down to 200-220 degrees celsius and leave to cook for about 25 minutes (all depends on the size of the loaf)



The banneton left little marks in the bread, I think it future I'll stop being so scared and let it prove directly in the basket instead of with cling wrap. I'll just flour it loads!

Overall it was quite a tasty little loaf!!

Hangry xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni