CUPCAKE WEEK... Day 5: Pumpkin with Cream cheese icing

Ummmm... So this would have to be my favourite cupcake recipe ever. I'm not even kidding. This is the biggest win I've had all week.

Again, I made up the recipe, and I'm going to toot my own horn but I'm seriously proud of myself. You guys need to make these at home because they're that good.

You will need...
100gr pumpkin, peeled and cut into small cubes
100gr butter, unsalted
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 a nutmeg, grated (I did this instead of using pre-ground nutmeg to intensify the flavour)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp mixed spice
1/2 a vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
1 drop of yellow food colouring if you wish
For the Frosting...
Use my basic buttercream vanilla icing and mix it with some Philadelphia cream cheese. Or you can cheat and just use Philly with some brown sugar mixed in if you like!

Method..
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius and line a 12-hole muffin tray with patty pans
2. Microwave or boil the pumpkin until its just soft, then use a stick blender to process until smooth. Leave to cool to room temperature.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together with the spices using an electric mixer. Then add the eggs, one at a time and combine well, fold in the pumpkin.
4. Sift the flours together and add them alternatively with the milk until both are mixed through. Add the food colouring if you are using it (I did just to make them look more pumpkiny)
5. Spoon the mix into the patty pans about 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove, allow to cool and then spread on the icing in a rustic fashion... Enjoy!!

So Preeeettty and Delicious!
Did I mention these ones were my favourite? Thanks Amber for this recommendation! I'll be making this one again, probably for Halloween!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni