CUPCAKE WEEK... Day 1: Lavender Scented Cupcakes

It's all planned out now! Today I'm making Lavender Scented Cupcakes requested by Hayley...

I've done a lavender base with a vanilla & lemon buttercream icing. I've used food colouring to tint the icing a lovely light purple colour, and used fresh lavender to decorate.

The recipe I followed was a basic vanilla cupcake recipe, but I infused the sugar with fresh lavender by pounding it in a mortar and pestle, then leaving it in an airtight container for 3 days. I only used the flowers, but I guess you could use the leaves too.

For the icing, I used the same icing I always do (it's in the vanilla cupcake recipe also), and I grated some fresh lemon rind and a bit of fresh vanilla- then I put a splash of milk in to make it a bit softer. I used a small star tip to pipe little stars on top of the cupcake.

Overall I think it turned out quite nicely!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni