Prawn-stuffed spicy fish with vermicelli

Ohhh Jamie, Jamie, Jamie...

Being Friday I was feeling tired and uninspired... Then I noticed my Monthly Jamie Oliver update in my inbox and I perked up a bit, I popped onto his website and had a browse and came along this recipe.

Aside from the pretty pictures (I pretty much love his photographer and food stylist almost as much as I love him.. OK not really- but they're amazing at what they do), I love his recipes because he always cooks from the heart and has a wealth of knowledge that he's willing to share with the world.

He really is a genuinely good egg, helping out the people of Britain by raising awareness of how important healthy eating is for their children in schools. He's not doing this for his own benefit, he's doing something good with his fame and that's definitely something we should give him credit for.

Prawn-stuffed spicy fish with vermicelli: This is my version of a wonderful dish I saw being made in a restaurant run by a woman in Marrakesh. It's impressive, tasty, and perfect for a dinner party. You can use any fish with a large cavity as long as it's fresh and in season. Although I used one large fish in Morocco, it's not always that easy to get your hands on one that size, so I've given you a recipe for two smaller ones here. If you are able to get a lovely big fish, like bass, snapper or barramundi, this dish will be a triumph. Just turn the heat down to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 and cook until the meat flakes off the bone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni